Sunday, September 4, 2016

If I am wrong, then let me be wrong. Life seems to drive me a million miles away from every comfort nook I've held dear. Then again, life seems to teach in only contradictions. I won't lie. I am heart-broken at the way you are and if there was every a way or time where my words could stand alone, I would let them come and drench rooms with the storms they hold inside.

The words would have told you that you should have looked closer.

It's hard to say that you should have looked closer at all the moments, when you were at your worst, when you were at your best - when you were standing alone. It hard to say because you'll take my words and twist them. Don't fault me for wanting you to have stood by me the way I stood by you. I stood by you, not because I wanted your loyalty, that would have been nice but that isn't the reason I stood by you. I stood by you because I believed in the good that you were. But in the end, was it all just what I wanted to see? I can't live my life by my mistakes. I won't.

There are lessons in our failures that we can keep,
and that will keep the memories of you sweet.
People shouldn't be kept on pedestals;
No one should.

It will get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment